ABOUT Direct PRIMARY CARE
Living a healthy, comfortable life is an important goal for the majority of people. The best way to make sure that your health is in great shape is to receive comprehensive primary care. This allows patients to stay on top of any diagnoses and treat whatever conditions or diseases they may have. At PCOS Sisters Telehealth Clinic & Wellness Center, Dr. Lynsey Johnson, DNP, FNP-C offers comprehensive primary care services to both men and women of all ages, even if you don't have PCOS.
In addition to PCOS treatment, Dr. Johnson has 4 years of experience in family practice and urgent care for all ages. She also has 3 years of experience in Urology, offering services from kidney stone management, urinary incontinence, prostate and scrotal pain, men's health, recurrent UTIs, erectile dysfunction, low testosterone and low sex drive. We're proud to treat patients in the following states and cities:
North, central, and south Florida, including Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami, and Orlando.
Including cities of Atlanta, Savannah, Columbus, Augusta, and Macon.
New York City (Manhattan, Upper East side, Upper West side), Queens, Brooklyn, Rochester, and Buffalo.
What are the Benefits of the Direct Primary Care (DPC) Medical Model?
- Uninsured or high deductible plan? No problem! We charge $65 per visit and offer unlimited visit subscription plans for $99/month
- Discounted Quest labs as low as $15 for a basic lab panel (ex. CBC, CMP)
- What if I have insurance? You can use your insurance for anything ordered including medications, imaging, and labs, just not the $65 visit itself *Cannot accept Medicaid/Medicare patients*
- On-the-Go healthcare form your phone or computer. All you need is a camera capable device.
- 24 hour access to your provider through patient portal and text line
- Subscription service includes diet and nutrition coaching with Apple, Fitbit, Garmin, and MyFitness Pal integration
- Weight loss plans and medication with additional focus on women with PCOS
Primary Care Reviews
"I love PCOS sisters. Dr. Lynsey Johnson is hugely knowledgeable and kind. She listens to you and works with you. Not only does she treat women and girls that suffer from PCOS, but she also does primary care and symptoms management. I highly recommend making an appointment!"- Q.A. / Google / Aug 24, 2022
"Dr. lynsey Johnson is the best Doctor I have ever worked with. She is very knowledgeable about PCOS. I felt discouraged and felt like giving up before I met Dr. Lynsey. Ever since I found Dr. lynsey, I feel hopeful again. I would recommend her to anyone for your primary care and PCOS needs. She is also kind and has a passion for what she does."- A.M. / Google / Apr 07, 2023
TYPES OF PRIMARY CARE SERVICES
We offer a comprehensive range of primary care services to meet many of your daily medical care needs. These include:
- Women's health (heavy menstrual bleeding, endometriosis, pregnancy testing, birth control, PMS)
- Men's health (low testosterone, erectile dysfunction, prostate cancer screening, prostate, and scrotal pain)
- Urology (kidney stones, urinary incontinence, recurrent UTIs, prostate health, stone analysis)
- Diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and insulin resistance
- Mental health (anxiety, depression)
- Heartburn, acid reflux, and GERD
- High cholesterol (hyperlipidemia)
- Thyroid disease
- Vitamin deficiency
- Urological care (incontinence, recurrent UTIs)
- Smoking cessation
- Symptoms, like constipation and fatigue
- Sleep apnea screening: Home Sleep Study equipment delivered directly to your home
Preexisting conditions that Dr. Johnson can help you manage but not diagnose include:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)-Home blood pressure readings required
We can also perform testing for:
- STDs (sexually transmitted diseases)
- STIs (sexually transmitted infections)
- Hormone levels
TYPES OF URGENT SERVICES
If you notice a sudden onset of symptoms that require testing or pain management, Dr. Johnson at PCOS Sisters Telehealth Clinic & Wellness Center has discounted prices with nationwide laboratories where blood, urine, and other tests will be processed. Some of the most common tests, illnesses, and symptoms behind patients seeking timely care are:
- COVID-19 testing
- Allergic reactions
- Cold and flu
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain
- Pink eye/conjunctivitis
- Eye stye
- Ear infection/ear pain/swimmer's ear
- Tooth pain or tooth infection (we will provide an antibiotic or pain meds and refer to a dentist)
There are also many urological symptoms and conditions that we can help patients manage, including:
- Vaginal discharge
- Vaginal burning
- Yeast infection
- UTIs (urinary tract infections)
We also provide treatments for skin conditions, such as:
- Contact dermatitis
- Itchy rash
- Cold sores
- Skin abscesses and boils
- Genital herpes
PRIMARY CARE FAQ
What should I discuss with a primary care provider?
It's important to tell your primary care provider about any symptoms or effects that could be getting in the way of your daily life. Issues, like poor reactions to medication, experiencing stress, depression, anxiety, poor lifestyle choices, sleeping habits, and more, can have a dramatic effect on the way you feel every day. Receiving appropriate treatment for these problems when you communicate with your doctor can help.
How does PCOS relate to primary care?
Many of the symptoms of PCOS can have an effect on your overall health. Managing PCOS and taking care of your primary care needs work hand-in-hand to make sure you're able to live as healthy as possible. Issues, like weight gain, insulin resistance, irregular periods, and infertility, are also primary care concerns that could be confused for other problems or overlap into other issues, such as diabetes.
Do you accept insurance?
PCOS Sisters Telehealth Clinic & Wellness Center offers both pay per visit and membership subscriptions. We are a cash pay only practice, meaning we do not accept insurance. Cash pay includes credit cards and debit cards. We cannot accept Medicaid or Medicare patients, even if you agree to pay cash as we do not bill insurance. If you have insurance that covers your labs, imaging, and medications, you may use it, but you might find that our discounted prices are cheaper if you self-pay.
COMPREHENSIVE CARE FOR PCOS
Whether you have PCOS or not, caring for your health is a whole-body process. The many systems of your body all work together to complete daily functions and keep you feeling your best. Family nurse practitioner Dr. Lynsey Johnson at PCOS Sisters Telehealth Clinic & Wellness Center has many years of primary care experience and understands hows PCOS and its symptoms tie into a patient's overall wellness. To stay on top of your health, schedule your annual exam today.
Weight loss struggles in obese PCOS patients explained by FL Nurse Practitioner
Florida clinician discusses weight loss struggles in obese PCOS patientsRead
Which Birth Control is Best for PCOS? Explained by Tampa, Florida Clinician
A review of the oral birth controls that are best for treating PCOSRead
PCOS Treatment without Birth Control: Inositol Explained by Florida Clinician
Inositol vs Metformin Treatment for PCOSRead